Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Arabelle


I was making chocolate white chocolate chip cookies Sunday night for a cookie party Monday night which was super fun! We had family things that evening so I didn't start making them until almost midnight. I had taken the 4th batch out of the oven and they were cooling on the cookie sheet when I totally feel asleep on my couch. My dog had never ever eaten anything she wasn't supposed to but decided that this was her night! She ate 2 dozen of the cookies i had cooling on my table! I didn't even think about them being in her reach when I put them there! So I woke up about 3am and freaked out! She seemed just fine but I know chocolate isn't good for dogs so I woke Ben up and we decided to call the animal hospital. I was ready to load her up and take her there but we decided to call first. Thankfully the vet said that she didn't have enough to be fatal because of her size :) and told me to watch her and expect vomiting or diarrhea. She slept in our room that night so that if she started making weird noises we would hear. She didn't do anything at all that night...she just slept. I had to go to work the next morning so I put her outside and prayed she'd be ok. I stopped by home mid afternoon to check on her and she was completely fine! She seemed happy! I don't think the chocolate affected her in a bad way at all. She liked it which just makes me a little nervous about anything in the kitchen she could get in to! But oh well...at least we know that she is resilient to people food and chocolate!

The heater guy came out over the weekend and said we needed this new power board....so he is bringing it today! I really really hope that it lets us have heat!

No comments: