Friday, September 26, 2008

In Sickness and In Health

Last night I just went down and a head/chest cold took over my body. I had been loosing my voice all day but after dinner my chest hurt, head hurt, throat was then on fire, and congestion had finally gotten to where I could blow my nose (before it was all in my sinuses behind my nose and I could not get it out). On our way home he stopped at his parents to get their humidifier for me - and oh my gosh that helped so much! So anyway....we got home and I just laid down on our couch. That is pretty normal but when I'm sick this also involves moaning and constant needs. Ben set up the humidifier and did whatever I asked of him with absolute love and care. Made me tea and wasn't frustrated when I then fell asleep. He simply waited until I woke up and offered me the tea. He made sure I had Kleenex right there, water, and tea. When I asked for my blanket he got it. When I asked for a cough drop he got it. I had everything I needed and felt so loved and taken care of! When I went to sleep for good last night I could hardly breathe and my head totally hurt but I knew I was loved and taken care of. It was one of the most safe feelings ever and I love my husband for being so so so good to me! I only hope that I can take care of him that well when he needs me. So - this post is for you my love!

No comments: