Thursday, February 5, 2009

new art work!

I saw a picture in a magazine and thought - oh I could do this at home! I LOVE doing that! What I saw was a piece of canvas with a word painted in lots of different languages. I absolutely loved it and wanted to do it for my livingroom. I decided to do 2 canvases: 1 with the word PLAY, the other FAMILY

Last week my friend Morgan came over to help me paint the base coat on the canvas. The background is taupe (the color on most walls in my house) I had a great time getting to know Morgan better as we painted. Thanks Morgan!

Carly Lynch came over tonight to paint the words for me! After thinking about my writing I realized that I really can't do this and I knew Carly has great writing and is creative so I asked her if she would. She has such a wonderful, giving heart; she said yes right away! We grabbed JAMBA on our way home and Carly got started! Carly did all the work - all I did was keep the paint supply up and conversation going. I am so blessed to have people in my life that are willing to do these things for me! I thought it would be more of a team effort but it was not and I am so glad it wasn't! She did such an amazing job - I can't believe that it is going to be hanging in my livingroom!



We didn't have time to do the other canvas which will say Family...in about 7 languages! Carly wants to do that one too and I am so so glad because this one looks SO good! I hope we can do that soon. I'll definitely be posting pictures about that as soon as it happens!

No comments: