Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Closer to being a home!

I am in my living room (I'm refraining from calling it my new living room so I can get used to it being mine). It is starting to look more like a home and not a storage room! More boxes got unpacked today and I actually made a meal! Until now it has been make a sandwich, don't eat dinner at all, chips and salsa for dinner, go get something out, or order a pizza. We did try last night to cook in our oven but that ended up with the house filling with smoke and very bad smells! I'm thinking we didn't clean it good enough so back to cleaning it again! So today I used the Crockpot. I am getting more used to saying our house and walking around it has been getting more comfortable. I'm hoping to feel like I'm home when I come back on Saturday. Which brings me to my next subject....my work trip!

I am leaving tomorrow for a work trip in Tucson. I will be gone until Saturday morning. I don't like leaving my husband - but I will be taking my little sister with me to stay with my other 2 sisters' apartment. All 4 of us will be together again! I could have stayed at the hotel my conference is at but I decided that this would be more fun. Joanna, my youngest sister is on fall break so she doesn't even have to miss school :)

I need to go to bed now but I will post pictures of the changes we are making to the house as soon as I find the cord for my camera - I think I know which box it is in but ya never really know!

No comments: